Types of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server administered by a website hosting vendor. There are different groups of hosting services used for different ends, so let's examine them. In this way, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you desire to launch a weblog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a solution offered by particular firms, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php website files in your browser. Free file hosting packages often involve adverts beside the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a specific stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly fallacious interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between autonomous stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a type of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given suppliers provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you desire to share a big number of pictures with comrades or associates since the solution is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your email address accounts. Some corporations offer web space hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to have a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web space hosting quotas. Embedding the video file will permit you to keep as many video files as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email box accounts, upload videos, etc. At nextlevelwebhost, for instance, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular web content only.